An evening of Collage
- October 23rd
- Artist Work and Portfolio
Current permanent Exclusive Galleries: POP Gallery in Disney Springs Orlando, Hoy Poloi in Chinatown and O'Hare Airport in Chicago
Winner of "Best in Show" at Orlando Museum of Art 2014
Exhibited in Best of the Best OMA 2014
Several local shows and exhibitions before accepting exclusive representation at Disney Springs.
Students may see additional work at LouisLocheadArt.com for examples of what we will be creating.
- 111 Sage is excited to present an evening of collage with special guest instructor Louis Lochead. Louis Lochead specializes in Fine Art Collage. As with all paintings, students will start out with a sketch on canvas. With this medium, instead of filling in the sketch with oil or acrylics, you will "Paint" in the subject using images from magazines. This form will encourage additional creativity, new ways of looking at imagery and deeper appreciation of tonality and value in relationship to color and shading.
- Supply List For Students: Students will be expected to bring their own supplies. Please contact 111 sage with any questions.
- 3/4" brush - don't get an expensive one, it will tend to get ruined after 2-3 paintings.
- Canvas of desired size and an Easel if desired - smaller size canvas for those using table tops.
- Magazines - I like to use Vogue, Elle, Vanity Fair. If there is a magazine that suits the subject of your painting bring that. Don't be afraid to bring a bunch of magazines and please be prepared to share with other students. This will all be a collaborative effort and our results will all be better when we support and encourage each other.
- Bring a reference photo for the image you want to paint - it should be of high contrast for best results, especially for students new to this medium. Students may email the image to me if they would like feedback on their choice. Students are also encouraged to sketch out the image on their canvas prior to the class so that we can begin working on the process right away.
- We have 12 seats available for this class